There’s no denying it: Polar Bear is one spoiled pup. He tags along on all sorts of errands and adventures. He’s even been to my work! We’ve found quite a few places around town that offer free stuff for dogs. From special treats to hotel perks, there are a number of freebies dog owners and their pups can take advantage of.
Everyone loves a wagging tail, so learn more about free stuff for dogs to spoil your four-legged friend without breaking the bank. From pet products to delicious treats, learn about the free samples you can get for your pooch from your favorite businesses.
Restaurants That Offer Free Stuff for Dogs
Going out for a bite with your pup can be a rewarding experience. Here are 5 restaurant chains that might offer your pup a free treat!
- Starbucks: Most Starbucks fans know about the secret menu, but did you know there’s a treat there for your pup? The Pup Cup or Puppuccino is a small cup of whipped cream perfect for making your dog’s tail wag. Polar Bear loves Pup Cups! Be sure to ask your barista for a pup cup for your dog when you order your skinny vanilla latte or cloud macchiato.
- Tim Hortons: Everyone who’s had Timbits loves them. Dogs are no exception. Ask your server for a Timbit for your dog and they’ll give you a plain doughnut hole without added sugar. This makes the perfect sweet treat for your pup.
- Dairy Queen: Word on the street is that some Dairy Queen locations offer a free small serving of vanilla ice cream in a special pup cup for your canine friends. Just ask for a pup cup when you place your order.
- Bruster’s: Another sweet spot for your pup is Bruster’s Real Ice Cream. Cool off on a hot day with a free sundae for your dog with vanilla ice cream and Milk Bones!
- PDQ: Not only to many PDQ locations offer outdoor seating where you can dine with your pup, but some stores will offer Fido a free grilled chicken nugget.
Hotels That Offer Free Stuff for Dogs
Are you travelling with your dog? Check out Polar Bear’s list of 5 hotels where you can check in with your pet. Many hotels on this list offer free perks for your pet.
- W Hotels: If you and your pet have a taste for luxury, check out W Hotels. Thanks to the hotel’s PAW (Pets Are Welcome) program, you and your four-legged friend can enjoy the good life together.
- Westin Hotels: Many Westin locations are pet friendly. Some will even spoil your pet with robs for your pooch, pet food, special doggie beds, treats and more.
- The Four Seasons: Four Seasons hotels welcome dogs under 15 lbs in their ritzy digs. Some hotels also over dog walking services and special treats for your pup.
- Loews Hotel: If you sign your dog up for the Loews Loves Pets program, he’ll be able to access a bevy of special perks. From a pet-friendly room service menu to special toys, your pet will get celebrity treatment.
- Drury Inn: Finally, a pet friendly hotel that’s a little more accessible to those traveling on a budget. Many Drury Inn locations allow your pet to check in without without a fee. Be aware that some Drury Inns do charge a pet fee — but it won’t take a major bite out of your wallet. Fees start at just $10.
Stores Where You Can Shop with Your Dog
Taking your dog with you into your favorite stores is a great way to socialize your dog while accomplishing what you need to get done. Check out these 5 stores that allow dogs.
- PetSmart: It might be a no-brainer, but leashed pets are welcome at PetSmart. Stock up on pet food, supplies and more with your furry friend in tow. Bonus: Your pet will likely get a treat at check out.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: If you and your dog love fashion, you’ll love shopping at Saks. The department store is known for being extremely pet friendly.
- Apple: Does your dog love gadgets and tech? If so, he’ll love taking a trip with you to the Apple Store. Many locations welcome leashed, well behaved pets. Bring Fido and take a seat at the Genius Bar.
- Home Depot: Need supplies for a project around the house? Head to Home Depot. The store welcomes dogs, so you’ll get what you need and spend some quality time with your dog.
- Old Navy: Rumor on the web is that some Old Navy stores allow well-behaved, leashed dogs. Just be warned they don’t sell jeans for dogs.
Taking your dog with you as you galavant around town helps your dog with social skills and can strengthen your bond. Enjoy some free stuff for dogs while your out and about. What’s your favorite place to take your dog or let him enjoy a free treat? Share in the comments!